Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Being Happy

Watching my baby brother with his own baby makes me happy. I got a new camera today and took a gazillion pictures of them, but this, I think, just shows how much in love he is with her. Maybe next time I can catch one of him with both of his daughters.
    If there is light
    it will find
    you

--Charles Bukowski

wow Carrie, that's one cool picture. yeah, there's love in his face plus a whole lot of other tender feelings And in her's, too And she's the spittin' image of dad imo

And thanks Miss betheny, kind and practical Liz and sweet ME
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Ohhhhh, your niece is totally adorable Carrie. I know you're proud of her.

Great pic of your brother, too.

Baby pics are perfection in a happy thread.

cute kid. when i was in rehab they had bingo on tuesdays. never anybody there.lol if you bingoed you won a $2 gift certificate to the gift shop. i always got atleast one. so of to the gift shop after bingo. they had all kinds of old time candies. only thing in rehab that made me happy other then the hot nurses.
    oh well

Lately i've had a couple friends that are going through some tough times in their lives. These are my closest friends, the ones that have stuck with me threw everything and gave me alot of hope and help when I first came home and made the "big" transition. Now, me being able to help them and give them support in these times makes me not only happy that I am a good friend but grateful that I am able to be there for them.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by GoTWHeeLs
    Lately i've had a couple friends that are going through some tough times in their lives. These are my closest friends, the ones that have stuck with me threw everything and gave me alot of hope and help when I first came home and made the "big" transition. Now, me being able to help them and give them support in these times makes me not only happy that I am a good friend but grateful that I am able to be there for them.
    Good for you! We do make great listeners.

Cute baby Carrie!!! Dad's have a special relationship with their little girls.

I think being happy truly is a decision that needs to be made again and again. If I wanted to, I could find just as many reasons to be unhappy as I can find to be happy. It helps that the things/people that make me happy are very 'in my face' if YKWIM. And I am blessed to not have pain so unbearable that I can't tune it out most of the time. On day's when the pain kicks in it is harder to be happy. But at the same time if I make an effort to find happiness it invariably makes the pain more tolerable.
    Is anyone happy all the time? Unless drugged,I doubt it. Does everyone make a choice to be happy or not? Yes, although sometimes chemical imbalances make the choice harder.
    I think the Western culture has created an unrealistic expectation of how life should be and that is why so many people are unhappy as they strive for an unattainable ideal life.

As for my main source of happiness?

Yesterday I was driving home from a stressful appointment, and just counting down the miles till I could enter my condo and collapse. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted some movement in a place you wouldn't expect it. When I slowed down there was a mama duck and her ducklings walking down the sidewalk all in a row. They were in no particular hurry, and at some silent (to human ears) command she had them all sit and rest under a bush. I just parked and watched them, feeling all the tension draining. At another unheard command they all stood and began their march again. I am assuming they were headed to the water two blocks away. I tried to take it as a lesson about slowing down and enjoying nature. The were so adorable!

You and your S.O. make purty babies Emi2, they are adorable
    Quote Originally Posted by Emi2
    I think being happy truly is a decision that needs to be made again and again...<snip>
    True as can be. We sometimes have to fight to stay happy with all we have inside us, and refuse to let the negativity that comes unbidden into our minds win out the second, the moment, the day or the week...

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen
    <snip>...I tried to take it as a lesson about slowing down and enjoying nature.
    That is one sure way to brighten my mood, too, Eileen
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Hi all, I am new here & love this site. Next week it will be 31 yrs. My sci is so complicated the drs. are clueless. Complete from t-4-t-6. The cord hemoraged and caused damage to the right side upto c?. I was so busy raising my boys and being independant that I had no idea how much info and new equipment there is today. It is so good to meet people (online) that understand. I feel so isolated now that my boys are grown.