Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Being Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    Its baby! People its a baby! Who doesnt love a baby?
    hehe - I like them better after a few years. This ones brand spankin' new...

Congratulations on your new nephew, alpentalic. That is a sight to bring a smile to the most jaded of men
    Quote Originally Posted by alpentalic
    Can my new baby nephew save this trainwreck of a thread? Come on, it's a baby ferchrisesakes! I'm happy about him!

Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    Adi if your not going to bring HAPPINESS to the BEING HAPPY thread....Fck off,go hit up the suicide thread or something!
    reading funny shit like this makes me happy...

oh, and babies. but not the diapers, but noone really likes poo. but at least it isn't as bad as adult or cat poo, so at least it makes me less unhappy than other poos.
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Blog Entries

adi; your observation is not so inaccurate

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    raven i agree with you ....suffering is not just phyisical pain ...but when your whole body hurts like hell ....as a human is hard to smile .
    ps.severe sci [ complete quads]is worse than aids or cancer ............
    SCI can be an awakening for some people who don't get the phyiscal/nerve pain, high quadriplegia, or completeness,
    while for some of us it's nearly a death sentence.
    Personally, I'm glad to see that there can be a "happy thread" in Carecure. I am impressed that there can be happiness found in this hell, good for them. I hope their good fortune never ceases.
    For me, this painful life can't end soon enough. Sometimes I wonder if I could not remember my life without pain, paralysis, or family relationship misery, whether I would be so negative now. Having the sci+ as I do in a vaccum may not be as bad as it is for me.
    My best hours are those when I am dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C.
    SCI can be an awakening for some people who don't get the phyiscal/nerve pain, high quadriplegia, or completeness,
    while for some of us it's nearly a death sentence.
    Personally, I'm glad to see that there can be a "happy thread" in Carecure. I am impressed that there can be happiness found in this hell, good for them. I hope their good fortune never ceases.
    For me, this painful life can't end soon enough. Sometimes I wonder if I could not remember my life without pain, paralysis, or family relationship misery, whether I would be so negative now. Having the sci+ as I do in a vaccum may not be as bad as it is for me.
    My best hours are those when I am dreaming.
    That's it! It's having lived so long in this condition that I can't remember life w/o pain, incontinence, no feeling or movement from the belly down and lack of any/all physical spontaneity - that has saved me from negativity.

Hey, Tim.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

I love babies. I'm happy when I see babies.

What a beautiful little guy Alpentalic!

Many happy LifeIsGrandBeingAnUncle moments to you.

Quote Originally Posted by rdf
    Congratulations on your new nephew, alpentalic. That is a sight to bring a smile to the most jaded of men
    How precious alpentalic! I love the smell of newborn babies.
    Love to snuggle them and feel their soft, delicate skin.
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by alpentalic
    Can my new baby nephew save this trainwreck of a thread? Come on, it's a baby ferchrisesakes! I'm happy about him!

Congrats !! I held my new neice recently, and it was amazing ..

Babies are just awesome. My niece turns 1 on Sunday, and today for the first time she said "Carrie" for the first time. Well, it was more of an "Air-ee" but we all know she was talking to me.
    If there is light
    it will find
    you

--Charles Bukowski

A lot of the things posted here are when I am happiest as well ..... family, friends, being outside on a nice day.

But another thing (that I fully admit isn;t always possible) is to just suck it up, and PRETEND everything is ok, and sometimes it happens.

The other day I was getting into the car, and it was all in all a pretty crappy day. I smashed my hand trying to put my chair in the car, (not seriously, just enough to hurt) and that was just the last straw. Well I guess I was taking too long to get in my car, and an older woman who lives across the street noticed, and came over to see if I was ok. There wasn;t anything she could do to help, and I didn;t want her to fret so I just smiled, and chatted with her for a few minutes, and then went on my way. I was driving a few minutes later, and realized that my mood had lifted a lot!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005