Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Being Happy

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    raven i agree with you ....suffering is not just phyisical pain ...but when your whole body hurts like hell ....as a human is hard to smile .
    ps.severe sci [ complete quads]is worse than aids or cancer ............
    Adi, have you ever suffered the pain of cancer or AIDS?

Mimin, I hate to admit it but I pretty much feel like you. I guess we all are living in heaven or paradise since we don't suffer like he does, do we?

I do have so much to be pretty content in every day that I wake. Yesterday, a good friend of Nick's brought us dinner (belated b-day). She is such sweet and thoughtful friend who worries about his problems with Neuropathic pain and checks on him often. We are so blessed to have her in our lives too.

Raven

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    when severe pain strikes...no human can be happy
    You really, REALLY need to stop speaking for others as you don't have a clue.

C.

I spent Friday with my Mom and we had such a great time together. We did girly girl things, had great one on one time talking and having fun. Even if she were not my Mom we'd be friends.

Today my parents dropped by to see me. We visited here for a few and went to my Uncle's. We did not have anything planned, just spent time drinking coffee and tea, talking and laughing together.

I'm always happiest in the midst of my family.

We don't get to choose our parents or Uncle or other family members. Even if I could have chosen, I'd have picked the ones I have. I know I'm so very fortunate to have the family I have.

Family is the happiest of creations, of beings. I'm happiest among mine.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose
    I spent Friday with my Mom and we had such a great time together. We did girly girl things, had great one on one time talking and having fun. Even if she were not my Mom we'd be friends.

Today my parents dropped by to see me. We visited here for a few and went to my Uncle's. We did not have anything planned, just spent time drinking coffee and tea, talking and laughing together.

We don't get to choose our parents or Uncle or other family members. Even if I could have chosen, I'd have picked the ones I have. I know I'm so very fortunate to have the family I have.

Now that is cool ME, it makes me happy as well
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

rdf
    That's a great sentiment, Mona, whether one buys into religion or not And so true where being humble is concerned
    exactly

Yesterday, a good friend of Nick's brought us dinner (belated b-day). She is such sweet and thoughtful friend who worries about his problems with Neuropathic pain and checks on him often. We are so blessed to have her in our lives too.

Raven
    How sweet, friends like her are rare.

I'm glad you had quality time with your parents.
    I'd choose mine too. They're not with me any more, but my happiest times were simple ones. Me & mom in the garden together, and like you sitting around the table drinking tea. Thanks for bringing the memory back.

Mona

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    You really, REALLY need to stop speaking for others as you don't have a clue.

C.
    definitely a hasty generalization...some of the most miserable people I've ever met had their health/finances/employment in check

Quote Originally Posted by jackmcmanus21
    definitely a hasty generalization...some of the most miserable people I've ever met had their health/finances/employment in check
    As opposed to you, who are...?
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

We can't even have a happy thread. There is always someone that has to bring it down.

There are plenty of other threads for the "woe is me" people.
    T-5 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by gurly2356
    Baking. I love baking when I'm feeling down.
    I like baking, too.

We had just finished dinner last night and I was in the middle of whipping up a cake, when suddenly the mixer dies and all the lights go out. Not sure why, but our entire neighborhood was blacked out for a few hours. Lots of people hung out on their porches or in their driveways, chit chatting with family and friends. My husband and I made ourselves a couple of drinks and sat on the front porch for an hour or so. After that, we got ready for bed, listened to music on my computer until the battery died and reminisced about our younger days. Oh, the memories that can be stirred up by a few rock ballads done by hair bands! When the power came back on, we decided to leave the TV off and found something more interesting to do.

I'm not sure what this cake is going to taste like after leaving the batter in the fridge over night and baking it this morning, but either way, last night I couldn't have been happier.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    I like baking, too.

We had just finished dinner last night and I was in the middle of whipping up a cake, when suddenly the mixer dies and all the lights go out. Not sure why, but our entire neighborhood was blacked out for a few hours. Lots of people hung out on their porches or in their driveways, chit chatting with family and friends. My husband and I made ourselves a couple of drinks and sat on the front porch for an hour or so. After that, we got ready for bed, listened to music on my computer until the battery died and reminisced about our younger days. Oh, the memories that can be stirred up by a few rock ballads done by hair bands! When the power came back on, we decided to leave the TV off and found something more interesting to do.

I'm not sure what this cake is going to taste like after leaving the batter in the fridge over night and baking it this morning, but either way, last night I couldn't have been happier.

C.
    Those sound like a few special, happy hours that you weren't expecting, Tiger. Those are the most enjoyable, the little times in our lives when things just seem to go mellow for whatever reasons, and camaraderie and happiness take over our souls for at least a while. Something to cherish, for sure

-

Will you bake me some cakes and cookies and send them to me? That would make me happy
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!