Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Being Happy

Better days, Garyis!

At times, I have those very same, maddening, isolating, burdening troubles. I'm in pain 24/7, affecting my sleep just as much as my daily activities. At times, I literally want to jump out of my body. Sometimes I cry. I have to say, though, "I'm HAPPY"! I hope you work throughthose days when nothing goes your way, things break down & everywhere you turn, you seem to find a road block. More than anything, I hope you find contentment in your broken body & within the bleak situation. I know my happiness probably has me in the minority & I don't want to be annoying. I'm a fortunate one, I wish you & the others the same luck. It didn't happen overnight& I went through hell to get here. It sucks to be totally unhappy, I know.

I spent the first 3 years being depressed and then I made a friend who told me happiness is a conscious decision. So I quit meds all together, changed my diet, stopped watching negative tv and movies, began to meditate, left religion alone and read any books on healing and happiness I can find by deceased authors and look everyday for something to be grateful for like I can see or breathe and I volunteer to help someone less fortunate than myself. This didn't happen overnight but I REFUSE to let this experience break me or make me give in I AM in control.

How to get this idiot out of here?

spam quote deleted by moderator
    How can spammers be removed from this forum?
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 10-05-2016 at 08:36 AM. Reason: removed quote from spammer
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~

how about dont help them out by quoting them
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue View Post
    how about dont help them out by quoting them
    Right you are!
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Life is good

I broke my neck 18 years ago, and with the exception of some pain issues couldn’t be happier in life. I’m an artist, sculptor, photographer, amateur astronomer and university student. Life is good

http://www.danielpwright.com/

Interesting thread. Yes, very high level sci. I'm having trouble finding happiness
    Money does not much for me. Buy, sell electronics and repeat.
    A partner, marriage, children. Not going to happen and it's ok.
    Vengeance? Since my injury was at the hands of others. There is some part of me that wants to get even or more. Yes they served lengthy prison terms. But they were released and can go on with life. Life seems like a puzzle that has been thrown across a yard. Your supposed to pickup the pieces and put them back together. Well enough said for tonight. Any feedback would be welcomed.
    Regards,
    Brian
    "Life's a Party and Your Not Invited"

I agree...it is hard to find happiness after a life changing spinal cord injury. Employment, relationships, living arraignments, money and things like chronic pain etc. is all a problem...I try to remain optimistic and upbeat but it's hard most days. I try and be thankful for the good things in my life but I want a lot more out of life than it currently offers like a relationship, work, and a purpose.
    I wonder...Do others get good "acting" like things are okay?

Quote Originally Posted by dprite View Post
    I broke my neck 18 years ago, and with the exception of some pain issues couldn’t be happier in life. I’m an artist, sculptor, photographer, amateur astronomer and university student. Life is good

http://www.danielpwright.com/
    My injury was neck related as well. You can only do one thing: Move forward.

Blog Entries

10 years for me c4/5

and I couldn't be more miserable. I need my fucking hands back so I can be a happy para too!