Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Being Happy

Quad79

Thanks for the dog pics!

Here is mine, Rufus a seven year old half Giant Poodle and half Standard Poodle.

But Iʻm slow in trying to get a photo on here.
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Garyis View Post
    Quad79

Thanks for the dog pics!

Here is mine, Rufus a seven year old half Giant Poodle and half Standard Poodle.

What a cool looking dog! I have read poodles are really smart, he get in a lot of trouble or is he pretty obedient?

Quote Originally Posted by mimin View Post
    I can't take your BULLSHIT anymore adi! how can you be so definitive?
    ps. that's a rhetorical question
    definitive (comparative more definitive, superlative most definitive)
    explicitly defined
    conclusive or decisive
    definite, authoritative and complete

Just what bullshit are you referring to?

"Happy" I may have moments of being happy, but never more than a day.

I have a positive attitude that has powered me through 32 years of being paralyzed. My three grandsons are out of work, and their line of work, carpentry, is no longer a guarantee to a good job. One of them along with my daughter is deep in debt and my daughter, an RN, has an immune deficiency and can work 24 to 36 hours week max. Two of my grandsons vehicles are constantly breaking down and neither one lives near a bus route. I am not in a financial position to fix their vehicles pay their rent etc.

Can I find happiness here?

Most of the world is at war/hate and America is crumbling so why do we want to look the other way. Sure there are those who are actually happy, they have money to pay their rent/mortgage buy food clothes TVʻs iPods pay medical bills buy medications and I am happy for them.

My posts are contradictions I know! I feel good.
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    What a cool looking dog! I have read poodles are really smart, he get in a lot of trouble or is he pretty obedient?
    t8burst,

He was trained to be a service dog. But lots of confusion, a huge move, another dog on the scene he and we could not keep up with the training and he is just a great dog.

He makes us laugh. He is pretty obedient, barks to much when someone comes to the door but generally loves visitors and balls! He does not get into trouble he is pretty mellow. I have to admit that I love him so much! If something were to happen to him Iʻd be devastated.
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Garyis View Post
    Quad79

Thanks for the dog pics!

love the dog! very sweet!

Thank you, Gary. Yours are cuties too. I hope they bring you lots of happiness ,despite the bs. Good luck healing!

much love to you gotwheels. thank you

Originally Posted by GoTWHeeLs:

"Why do I think I'm happier? I am, this is my life and I enjoy everyday. In the past I wasn't happy, I was miserable. Why? Doesn't matter, what does is that I never want to feel that again. So I strive for a better life, a better way of living MY life and where I am right now is where I want to be."

I'm going back to the beginning of this thread.

I get this "Why? Doesn't matter, what does is that I never want to feel that again."

It doesn't matter you say but it does matter! You could have been serving 10 years in prison for a crime, you could have been in an abusive relationship, You may have been poor and/or deep in debt, there are so many reasons why you were miserable before becoming paralyzed, or maybe you got a million dollar settlement that would make me happy for sure. So without all the facts to understand your past condition it is hard to understand why anyone one would be happier after becoming an SCI! SCI = Pain is nothing to be happy about, perhaps you are one of those who are blessed with a pain free life a wheelchair friendly accessible home, several good natured caregivers, a trouble free wheelchair friendly van or car, have good health and someone close who cooks and cleans for you. There are those SCI's who are actually happy. I know personally of a woman who got a settlement of 4 million dollars and she is happy because she does not have to stress out about finances caregivers transportation......

Just a little story for Sunday, while my back is killing me and a sensation of a sharp sword jabbing me in my left groin area... I survive and do good sometimes, but I have to gather up all the strength possible to get through each day. But "Happier" - no way!
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Well i would like to express how difficult it is to be happy spending all your life strapped to a wheelchair.
    What makes me sad is this
    People who patronise me telling me to be strong, have hope and bla bla bla when they themselves go crazy on trivial issues
    People who try to rip me off when purchasing disability devices
    Government employees who can never be reached by telephone or never at their place of work
    Hospital facilities that are sort of a joke
    Stem cell clinics offering false hope at incredible high prices
    People who say alot but deliver nothing

What makes me happy
    my family

Peter,

I am in total agreement with you. I have a dear friend, a female, who was paralyzed when she was 16. She is a quad and when we met in 1984 she was a bubbly happy girl always up even though she was in pain. She was having a hard time. But 90% of the time she put on the happy face. This way of hers, "How great life is..." went on for 20 years. But, age caught her. She is unhappy, in pain, pushed her family away when they tried to help. No one tells her; "People who patronise me telling me to be strong, have hope and bla bla bla..." Because they can see there in little hope that she will return to that bubbly young girl.

All I can say to you is "Hang in there."

Gary
    ~~~~~~~~~~