Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Being Happy

Why do I think I'm happier? I am, this is my life and I enjoy everyday. In the past I wasn't happy, I was miserable. Why? Doesn't matter, what does is that I never want to feel that again. So I strive for a better life, a better way of living MY life and where I am right now is where I want to be.

I know everyone's situation is different by all means. I don't expect everyone to understand because of this, but life is what you make of it, regardless.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

when severe pain strikes...no human can be happy ....look at ab people ..a simple headache or tooth make them to complain and to cry....sci is diffrent ...
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Quote Originally Posted by GoTWHeeLs
    Why do I think I'm happier? I am, this is my life and I enjoy everyday. In the past I wasn't happy, I was miserable. Why? Doesn't matter, what does is that I never want to feel that again. So I strive for a better life, a better way of living MY life and where I am right now is where I want to be.

I know everyone's situation is different by all means. I don't expect everyone to understand because of this, but life is what you make of it, regardless.
    I believe that you make yourself happier with your perspective of life GoTWHeeLs. The attitude you present is healthier and makes you feel good about what helps you to be happy. I also think that when you dwell only the bad things, it will only bring you down.

Adi, pain is in everyone's life in one form or other. Suffering is not just physical pain, it can be emotional and mental. Can you tell us what it is to be in their lives and to be suffering what they suffer? Cancer, AIDS, blind, the loss of someone very close to your life such as a child , or many other illnesses? I doubt you do. The instinct of surviving is in most of us. However, the effects of trauma, pain and/or loss are the ones we need to address with more strength and a positive attitude in order to keep on in life especially if you believe in Jesus or God as you say you do.

For me, my children and Isis make me happy to be alive. Seeing the roses bloom and nature one more day also adds to my happiness.

Raven

Something that made me happy today

I was in the supermarket at the ATM which was against the wall, and I had set my small basket down beside my chair, so my chair was in between the basket and the ATM machine. A lady walked in with a little girl about 4 or so, cute as can be, and as they walked by me at the ATM, the little darlin kept staring up at me, then at my basket, then at me, then at the basket, as her mom was walking away down the aisle, she kept looking back. I figured, hmmm, I wonder if she wants the basket for herself....

I turned back to the ATM, doing my business, then I turn around and there's the little girl, looking up at me with a missing tooth and a cute beautiful smile, sliding the basket away about 5 feet from where it was so I would be able to leave the ATM machine without hitting the basket.

She thought it was in my way.

I smiled a big ole grin at her, she smiled back and waved, and took off for her mom, looking back one last time and smiling again.

Don't get much better than that There is nothing more sweet than a young innocent girl born with a heart of gold, not anywhere in this whole wide world. Take it to the bank
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rdf
    Something that made me happy today

I was in the supermarket at the ATM which was against the wall, and I had set my small basket down beside my chair, so my chair was in between the basket and the ATM machine. A lady walked in with a little girl about 4 or so, cute as can be, and as they walked by me at the ATM, the little darlin kept staring up at me, then at my basket, then at me, then at the basket, as her mom was walking away down the aisle, she kept looking back. I figured, hmmm, I wonder if she wants the basket for herself....

I turned back to the ATM, doing my business, then I turn around and there's the little girl, looking up at me with a missing tooth and a cute beautiful smile, sliding the basket away about 5 feet from where it was so I would be able to leave the ATM machine without hitting the basket.

She thought it was in my way.

I smiled a big ole grin at her, she smiled back and waved, and took off for her mom, looking back one last time and smiling again.

Don't get much better than that There is nothing more sweet than a young innocent girl born with a heart of gold, not anywhere in this whole wide world. Take it to the bank
    For me, my children and Isis make me happy to be alive. Seeing the roses bloom and nature one more day also adds to my happiness.

Raven
    God created the love of a family and this beautiful world for us to enjoy. I agree that's where I find happiness too.

How sweet rdf. Little children are the gateway to Jesus and Heaven.
    Thanks for witnessing to me.

Matthew 18:1-5 NVC "Who Is The Greatest?"
    At that time the followers came to Jesus and asked,
    "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"
    Jesus called a little child to him and stood the
    child before His followers. Then He said, "I tell
    you the truth, you must change and become like little
    children. Otherwise, you will never enter the kingdom
    of heaven. The greatest person in the kingdom of heaven
    is the one who makes himself humble like this child.
    Whoever accepts a child in my name accepts me.
    May God touch our hearts to love everyone like a child does.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    I believe that you make yourself happier with your perspective of life GoTWHeeLs. The attitude you present is healthier and makes you feel good about what helps you to be happy. I also think that when you dwell only the bad things, it will only bring you down.

Adi, pain is in everyone's life in one form or other. Suffering is not just physical pain, it can be emotional and mental. Can you tell us what it is to be in their lives and to be suffering what they suffer? Cancer, AIDS, blind, the loss of someone very close to your life such as a child , or many other illnesses? I doubt you do. The instinct of surviving is in most of us. However, the effects of trauma, pain and/or loss are the ones we need to address with more strength and a positive attitude in order to keep on in life especially if you believe in Jesus or God as you say you do.

Raven
    raven i agree with you ....suffering is not just phyisical pain ...but when your whole body hurts like hell ....as a human is hard to smile .
    ps.severe sci [ complete quads]is worse than aids or cancer ............
    • Dum spiro, spero.

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    raven i agree with you ....suffering is not just phyisical pain ...but when your whole body hurts like hell ....as a human is hard to smile .
    ps.severe sci [ complete quads]is worse than aids or cancer ............
    I can't take your BULLSHIT anymore adi! how can you be so definitive?
    ps. that's a rhetorical question

Quote Originally Posted by mimin
    I can't take your BULLSHIT anymore adi! how can you be so definitive?
    ps. that's a rhetorical question
    does your body hurts mimim [spasticity ,neuro pain]?if not, you are lucky ....
    • Dum spiro, spero.

GW's, good thread/sticky. I have lots to be happy for as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mona
    Matthew 18:1-5 NVC "Who Is The Greatest?"
    At that time the followers came to Jesus and asked,
    "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"
    Jesus called a little child to him and stood the
    child before His followers. Then He said, "I tell
    you the truth, you must change and become like little
    children. Otherwise, you will never enter the kingdom
    of heaven. The greatest person in the kingdom of heaven
    is the one who makes himself humble like this child
    Whoever accepts a child in my name accepts me.
    May God touch our hearts to love everyone like a child does.
    That's a great sentiment, Mona, whether one buys into religion or not And so true where being humble is concerned.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!