Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Being Happy

1. Does it really get better?

2. The New Life

After my little dilemma with my L1 SCI 2/01/2010, now fused from T10 to L3-bone graft....... I find life to be challenging. I've lost a job (two jobs) that I so very much loved. I am up and walking with a cane now. I am very thankful but I tired so easy. I have much back pain and for being paralyzed for 54 days changed my entire body, muscles, legs, and belly. I have 45 pairs of high heels -I cant wear but yet cant find the nerve to give them away.
    I've watched all my friends going on with their lives-dont even call anymore. AND I am on NY State disability which i HATE!!!!
    oh I could just go on and on. At least the guys who wanted to date me are still calling..

so, the docs are always asking "are you depressed" lol, smile
    I always say "no" because the only thing they are gonna do is write a prescription for more meds...ahhhhh ghezzzz...

I was very active before all this. I was shopping, traveling, working, partying
    not much sleeping but I had LOVED my life before. now my biggest challenge is finding stuff to do. I am BORED AS HELL!!!!!

I hope it gets better because I sure as hell hate this new life!
    Last edited by debbier; 07-30-2010 at 01:01 AM.

try wheelchair tennis
    there were lots of people that could "get up" after a match

But a tennis chair costs more than 10 000 dollars and who can afford that
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by debbier View Post

2. The New Life

After my little dilemma with my L1 SCI 2/01/2010, now fused from T10 to L3-bone graft....... I find life to be challenging. I've lost a job (two jobs) that I so very much loved. I am up and walking with a cane now. I am very thankful but I tired so easy. I have much back pain and for being paralyzed for 54 days changed my entire body, muscles, legs, and belly. I have 45 pairs of high heels -I cant wear but yet cant find the nerve to give them away.
    I've watched all my friends going on with their lives-dont even call anymore. AND I am on NY State disability which i HATE!!!!
    oh I could just go on and on. At least the guys who wanted to date me are still calling..

I always say "no" because the only thing they are gonna do is write a prescription for more meds...ahhhhh ghezzzz...

not much sleeping but I had LOVED my life before. now my biggest challenge is finding stuff to do. I am BORED AS HELL!!!!!

Sorry to hear that u r feeling down. I am a caregiver, my son is T4 complete, 8 years post on the 28th, from a gsw.
    I know it will get better, somehow all pieces fall into place. Not an easy life, but it is what you make of it.

Bless

btw, what size shoes? I am a 7 shoe ho. So when ever u r ready, halla!
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

i played a couple seasons in a quickie2
    those can be had for way under a grand

2. The New Life

Debbier,

I was intrigued by what you posted for many reasons, one you sound alot like me 5 years ago... I still have my closet full of fabulous heels! Life is very difficult to live in such a different way now as before when all of my body parts worked.

I had to lol when you said depressed... geez, I have heard that word many times in the past 5 years.

I walked into the hospital 5 years ago to give birth to a beautfiul baby boy and came out 2 weeks later completely numb on all of my lower extremeties and the following week buried my little boy. He lived just 28 minutes after birth. I died then also, and have never been the same.

My injury is a constant reminder of the death of my son. Sometimes I wish I could just say I got this way from a car wreck or an accident, because it is so hard to relive my sons death and my survival. There is so much anger and heartache and so much to miss when I look at life then and now. I have good days, and I have some really bad days. And some days are just days... the sun comes up, the moon comes out.

My son died the day before my 31st birthday. A day that I died too (I flatlined 2 times and they were able to revive me) Now that day is to me not a birthday, but a life day. A day I had to chose to live again... and it is definitely a choice!

Without my faith and belief in God, my life would have been over. I miss life when I could wear those fabulous shoes just for a day out shopping... but I am so thankful to have been given a second chance to live and to love. But this go around in my life, things have changed, and I simply am trying to make the best out of today.

My husband always tells me... don't worry about tomorrow, we are in this moment... let's get through this one and then we will move on.

Thanks for keeping it real in your post... I understand exactly what you are saying!

Take care!

"Hope"

Quote Originally Posted by Hope2005 View Post
    Debbier,

I was intrigued by what you posted for many reasons, one you sound alot like me 5 years ago... I still have my closet full of fabulous heels! Life is very difficult to live in such a different way now as before when all of my body parts worked.

I had to lol when you said depressed... geez, I have heard that word many times in the past 5 years.

I walked into the hospital 5 years ago to give birth to a beautfiul baby boy and came out 2 weeks later completely numb on all of my lower extremeties and the following week buried my little boy. He lived just 28 minutes after birth. I died then also, and have never been the same.

My injury is a constant reminder of the death of my son. Sometimes I wish I could just say I got this way from a car wreck or an accident, because it is so hard to relive my sons death and my survival. There is so much anger and heartache and so much to miss when I look at life then and now. I have good days, and I have some really bad days. And some days are just days... the sun comes up, the moon comes out.

My son died the day before my 31st birthday. A day that I died too (I flatlined 2 times and they were able to revive me) Now that day is to me not a birthday, but a life day. A day I had to chose to live again... and it is definitely a choice!

Without my faith and belief in God, my life would have been over. I miss life when I could wear those fabulous shoes just for a day out shopping... but I am so thankful to have been given a second chance to live and to love. But this go around in my life, things have changed, and I simply am trying to make the best out of today.

My husband always tells me... don't worry about tomorrow, we are in this moment... let's get through this one and then we will move on.

Thanks for keeping it real in your post... I understand exactly what you are saying!

Take care!

"Hope"

Hope, Wow....Thanks for the story, and your husband is right "dont worry about tomorrow". I am very happy to hear about your faith in God. I believe hes the only one that kept me going. I have actually gotton much better-walking unassigned.......I still cant wear my heels though...(smile)
    its okay i dont care for them much anymore...i now wear flats..and gonna sell my heels on ebay......

I wish you all the best in life Hope, and if you ever wanna chat...inbox me

Hope, Wow....Thanks for the story, and your husband is right "dont worry about tomorrow". I am very happy to hear about your faith in God. I believe hes the only one that kept me going. I have actually gotton much better-walking unassigned.......I still cant wear my heels though...(smile)
    its okay i dont care for them much anymore...i now wear flats..and gonna sell my heels on ebay......

I wish you all the best in life Hope, and if you ever wanna chat...inbox me

(Smile) on the high heel part with you... I put mine on from time to time... I can walk, even though I have no sensory, I have motor skills (dr's do not understand that one... but I do, it's a miracle) But my heels can only be "pranced around in" occasionally since my feet have taken on an entire shape of their own since the atrophee has set in from paralysis... but occasionally if I can put them on and my husband can dance me around the room... I am happy and blessed.

Good luck selling your heels on ebay! Would love to know when you do it! And I look forward to chatting with you! Take care and have a wonderful weekend!

Smile Need a Smile?

Sometimes we need to be reminded that good things happen.

If you need some Hope, check this out:

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=142349

i watch old episodes of "auto-tune the news" on youtube if i need to laugh.
    my cats always cheer me up too.
    mitochondrial disease complex 1 deficiency, suspected HSP
    type 3 ehlers danlos syndrome w/ type 1 overlap, g and j tubes
    aspergers & friends
    survivor of 2 TIA strokes