Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Being Happy

Quote Originally Posted by the fisherman View Post
    I feel content bording on being happy, as I said I have AMD in my right eye going blind, if I get it in the other eye I kill myself

I am really please that the UK justice system has just ruled that a spouse will not be committing an offence in an assisted killing

So if I go blind I can go to Swizaland and die gently and in peace, with the woman I love so much by my side, and she will not be in any trouble.

As sick as it sounds, I feel so much more happier,

Love, health, and happyness is all that matters in life, anything else theres barclay card
    That is how it should be.
    Blessed Be
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    I agree that it's important to appreciate the now, but don't agree that it is the ONLY happiness.
    Me too. When my "now" consists of unrelenting pain and sleepless nights, I am able to get through it by recalling wonderfully happy times in my past and looking forward to more times like that in my future.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Of course we all have our memories we go back to in tough times. Without them life would be difficult.

Betheny, you must watch News channel 4. Spirit bank going to pay you a visit?
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by bevo View Post
    Those with SCI or a chronic illness tend to appreciate each new sunrise and living in the NOW more than others. Despite my many difficulties, I feel blessed to have a greater appreciation for each new day and moment.

What do you think??
    No doubt something as profound as an SCI will change your life one way or another.

I think for some, it's probably fair to say, on some level it's given us "a greater appreciation for each new day and moment". But do I feel it's a blessing?

After 27+ years of being a C5 complete quad, I think some of us tell ourselves it's a proverbial "blessing in disguise" as a coping mechanism. We need to give the devastation a purpose.

In my case, I just think random bad stuff just happens. All I try to do is make the most of a messed up situation.

Chris.
    Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

IN the course of testing for an upcoming surgery I went through a series of epidurals. one of them hit the right spot and for the first time in 5 years my pain went down to 2-3. in a twist of cruelty it only lasted 12 hours but God it was nice. I truly forgot what it is like to be almost pain free.

Bevo, I still find wonder in the world but cannot reconcile my injury with anything good or positive whatsoever.

bill

A truly blessed day,

No, don't watch it. What is spirit bank? I just find Pay It Forward to be a good life philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by GoTWHeeLs View Post
    Of course we all have our memories we go back to in tough times. Without them life would be difficult.

Betheny, you must watch News channel 4. Spirit bank going to pay you a visit?

Its a segment on Channel 4 called Pay It Forward. People nominate people for their good deeds and the winner gets $400 from Spirit Bank.
    Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    No, don't watch it. What is spirit bank? I just find Pay It Forward to be a good life philosophy.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by bollefen View Post
    IN the course of testing for an upcoming surgery I went through a series of epidurals. one of them hit the right spot and for the first time in 5 years my pain went down to 2-3. in a twist of cruelty it only lasted 12 hours but God it was nice. I truly forgot what it is like to be almost pain free.

Bevo, I still find wonder in the world but cannot reconcile my injury with anything good or positive whatsoever.

bill

A truly blessed day,
    Maybe an intrathecal pump would help you, if an epidural injection did.

Seems the only thing that will a) stop my pains from continually getting worse, and b) provide relief, is to fall asleep and not wake up. I'm not lucky enough for that to happen, so the torture will continue, and my function and ability to concentrate, and tolerate moving, will keep decreasing..
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Intrathecal pump

This whole series of testing began over an intrathecal pump. The dorsal stim (though working) lost all efficacyand at virtually the same time I physically took a huge turn for the worse, pain wise, Spasticity, all symptoms went bilateral after 3 yrear of predominantly right sided presentation.

The Neurologist/pain doc who was setting me up for the intrathecal pump saw me nosedive and felt there was a spinal complication, the doc who was going to put in the pump agreed and cancelled and they sent me back to my neurosurgeon. the series of epis and full thoracic CTs were in lieue of a myelogram and the results seem to indicate a much larger problem extending into the T section so the pump trial which was going after L3-4-5, S1 would not have worked anyway. He also felt that although epis usually last a while he expected it to last a day maybe a couple but that was all.

All very confusing but now it all points to another problem that should be resolved prior to evaluating a pain pump and where it would best be located. btw the doc who did the epi said he superjuiced me and guaranteed I be great til mid Sept. oh well.

Sound confusing? me too. But the team is good, and they're woking really hard to find any organic issues rather than just juice me.

Kindly,

bill

Maggie

I'd love to be this happy for a few minutes.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.