Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Being Happy

Quote Originally Posted by cognidine View Post
    Always good to love the good things in life. People tend to focus on the negative too often.

Exactly! Welcome to CC! Post often! Mona

Quote Originally Posted by GoTWHeeLs View Post
    This Sticky was just a thought one day when I opened the “Life” forum and saw the “Suicide” thread and thought, “What about all of the happy people and things going on in people’s lives.”

My injury is C5C6 complete and I am about 2 and a half years post. I’m still new to all of this and feel blessed to have this website for all the info, resources and the people. When I first found this site I thought life was over and it wouldn’t ever get better, but I was wrong. Here’s a few thread’s that show how my life has changed.

1. Does it really get better?

2. The New Life

Many things have changed since then and I am the happiest I have ever been, even pre-injury. I have many things and people in my life that I have to thank for that, but the thing that keeps me happy is me. When I get bummed something in the back of my mind starts to slap me around and lets me know that I don’t want to spend my day like that. I maintain my positive outlook because I know the opposite too well and choose not to live day in and day out like that. Here’s a couple of things I do to keep my spirits up.

• Fresh air always helps.

• Positive people. Whether it’s in person, on the phone, internet and if no one is around or available put in a positive movie or t.v. show.

• Staying occupied keeps the mind busy.

• Pets, just watching the things they do makes me smile.

• Exercise. The feeling you get when doing positive things for your body is incredible.

I’ll post more as they come to mind, but the most important aspect for me is thinking positive constantly. Even when negative things slam me in the face I just step out of the box and put things in perspective in a positive way.

This Sticky should provide any kind of information on what you do to keep positive and happy, and also what kind of positive things are going on in your life.
    I always liked to ride my motorcycle or 4 wheeler when I was depressed or upset. Good way to clear your mind, and helps you stop thinking about all of the bad. And if you ride hard enough, you literally don't have time to think about anything else

your exactly right cess!
    making other's happy is the only real happiness there is..
    it's making that special someone smile or even that total stranger.
    you don't even have to know you've helped them but the mere fact that you've tried is a reward all on to itself.

and to mattb348, running of with the wind really does help to clear or put your minds off things and just relax. sometimes too much thinking can lead to me feeling like i'm dead and only my brain is alive. But when you immerse yourself into action that's when i feel alive.

-cushsb

Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 06-07-2009 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Removal of spam link

Happy

Sure, there are down days post SCI just there were pre SCI.

For me, volunteering at my local VA hospital is extremely satisfying and in turn makes me a happy person. Pre SCI I was more self centered, doing these things that I thought would make me a happier guy. Now, I have empathy for the less fortunate, be it financial, physical or emotional. Good gosh, may be I am a better person now.
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

Cool

We can't even have a happy thread. There is always someone that has to bring it down.

There are plenty of other threads for the "woe is me" people.
    Last edited by Obieone; 06-05-2009 at 09:25 AM.

This Sticky was just a thought one day when I opened the “Life” forum and saw the “Suicide” thread and thought, “What about all of the happy people and things going on in people’s lives.”

My injury is C5C6 complete and I am about 2 and a half years post. I’m still new to all of this and feel blessed to have this website for all the info, resources and the people. When I first found this site I thought life was over and it wouldn’t ever get better, but I was wrong. Here’s a few thread’s that show how my life has changed.

2. The New Life

Many things have changed since then and I am the happiest I have ever been, even pre-injury. I have many things and people in my life that I have to thank for that, but the thing that keeps me happy is me. When I get bummed something in the back of my mind starts to slap me around and lets me know that I don’t want to spend my day like that. I maintain my positive outlook because I know the opposite too well and choose not to live day in and day out like that. Here’s a couple of things I do to keep my spirits up.

• Positive people. Whether it’s in person, on the phone, internet and if no one is around or available put in a positive movie or t.v. show.

• Exercise. The feeling you get when doing positive things for your body is incredible.

I’ll post more as they come to mind, but the most important aspect for me is thinking positive constantly. Even when negative things slam me in the face I just step out of the box and put things in perspective in a positive way.

This Sticky should provide any kind of information on what you do to keep positive and happy, and also what kind of positive things are going on in your life.
    Wow, I've been away from the site for awhile and to open up the life forum and read this had me teary eyed.

Life is good. Live it like you want and take it a day at a time.

Things in my life are really looking up and I only hope that someone come along and read this thread and realize that life goes on. I was here three years ago almost to the day and was a mess. CareCure opened my eyes and helped me threw the darkest of days. If anyone is feeling down or just needs someone to talk to feel free to PM me for my number.

-Chris
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Blessed with Life

Just roll with it...and take each challenge like another speed bump...slows you down, but does not stop you!

happy is learning how to find more joy in the mundane, the simple things in life, like stopping and watching the sun go down, breathing in the sights & smells of fresh mountain air, hopping a plane to vegas for the weekend, raking in a huge pot at the poker table, watching my dogs work on a duck hunt, the soft kiss of a good woman, going to africa on my first safari, having friends to roll with, having family that will always be there for me, helping others get back into the outdoors when they believed they would never be able to again, the smell of the night air in the country during summer, the taste of cold sake! Etc, etc, etc...

you get the point.

How wonderful..............

2. The New Life

How wonderful you are! Thanks for the great outlook. I think the tips you gave are very helpful and I am going to copy them for my desktop. I have surgery in my near future and there will be an extensive recovery. I will refer to this posting on my desktop whenever I feel I need some help with looking at the world in a positive outlook.

You truly are an inspiration to me. Thank you for your comforting words.
    http://brinaesau.blogspot.com

Without change, there would be no butterflies.

Hi All
    Being Happy is better than drugs, for all crap like cars, tellies, computers ect,ect these Barclaycard-- Happyness thats priceless

I have been married for 35 years and I have been the most happies chap there could be till now

Recently I have got AMD in the right eye and my sight is going fast, I have had 2 injection in it and the 3rd due next week, the first 2 did not work so I dont expect the 3rd to.

I am now the most unhappies chap there is,

If I get AMD in the other eye and theres a 50% chance I will, then I will kill myself

From happyness to death in no time flat if you got happyness really enjoy it, it might not last long
    Best Regards