Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 238

Thread: Being Happy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Member GoTWHeeLs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    1,788

    Cool Being Happy

    This Sticky was just a thought one day when I opened the “Life” forum and saw the “Suicide” thread and thought, “What about all of the happy people and things going on in people’s lives.”


    My injury is C5C6 complete and I am about 2 and a half years post. I’m still new to all of this and feel blessed to have this website for all the info, resources and the people. When I first found this site I thought life was over and it wouldn’t ever get better, but I was wrong. Here’s a few thread’s that show how my life has changed.

    1. Does it really get better?


    2. The New Life


    Many things have changed since then and I am the happiest I have ever been, even pre-injury. I have many things and people in my life that I have to thank for that, but the thing that keeps me happy is me. When I get bummed something in the back of my mind starts to slap me around and lets me know that I don’t want to spend my day like that. I maintain my positive outlook because I know the opposite too well and choose not to live day in and day out like that. Here’s a couple of things I do to keep my spirits up.



    • Fresh air always helps.
    • Positive people. Whether it’s in person, on the phone, internet and if no one is around or available put in a positive movie or t.v. show.
    • Staying occupied keeps the mind busy.
    • Pets, just watching the things they do makes me smile.
    • Exercise. The feeling you get when doing positive things for your body is incredible.
    I’ll post more as they come to mind, but the most important aspect for me is thinking positive constantly. Even when negative things slam me in the face I just step out of the box and put things in perspective in a positive way.

    This Sticky should provide any kind of information on what you do to keep positive and happy, and also what kind of positive things are going on in your life.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

    My Myspace



  2. #2
    Senior Member Mona~on~wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cleburne, Texas, USA
    Posts
    5,664
    I haven't read those threads but I will.
    I just had to say, "You are just TOO COOL!"
    and it's people like YOU that make me Happy.

    Thanks for joining!

  3. #3
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,964
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTWHeels
    When I get bummed something in the back of my mind starts to slap me around and lets me know that I don’t want to spend my day like that. I maintain my positive outlook because I know the opposite too well and choose not to live day in and day out like that.
    words of wisdom...
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  4. #4
    Baking. I love baking when I'm feeling down.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

  5. #5
    I get to meet my possible new service dog tomorrow. It's a black lab named Stanly. That makes me happy.

    Shopping for a new truck this weekend really makes me happy.
    Last edited by Freedom92; 05-15-2008 at 07:57 PM.
    If I was meant to have wheels under my ass, what the hell are these legs for?
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455040496

  6. #6
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom92
    I get to meet my possible new service dog tomorrow. It's a black lab named Stanly. That makes me happy.

    Shopping for a new truck this weekend really makes me happy.
    Wow, that's cool you're getting a new service dog Freedom And a new truck to boot, congrats!
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rdf
    Wow, that's cool you're getting a new service dog Freedom And a new truck to boot, congrats!
    Thanks rdf, have to get a black truck to match my new black dog. Have my eye on a black 2006 F-150 4x4 supercab ( new to me ). I have a 2003 F-150 supercrew now, but it's not easy getting my chair in the cab. Suicide doors really make a difference.
    If I was meant to have wheels under my ass, what the hell are these legs for?
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455040496

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by gurly2356
    Baking. I love baking when I'm feeling down.
    I like baking, too.

    We had just finished dinner last night and I was in the middle of whipping up a cake, when suddenly the mixer dies and all the lights go out. Not sure why, but our entire neighborhood was blacked out for a few hours. Lots of people hung out on their porches or in their driveways, chit chatting with family and friends. My husband and I made ourselves a couple of drinks and sat on the front porch for an hour or so. After that, we got ready for bed, listened to music on my computer until the battery died and reminisced about our younger days. Oh, the memories that can be stirred up by a few rock ballads done by hair bands! When the power came back on, we decided to leave the TV off and found something more interesting to do.

    I'm not sure what this cake is going to taste like after leaving the batter in the fridge over night and baking it this morning, but either way, last night I couldn't have been happier.

    C.

  9. #9
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    I like baking, too.

    We had just finished dinner last night and I was in the middle of whipping up a cake, when suddenly the mixer dies and all the lights go out. Not sure why, but our entire neighborhood was blacked out for a few hours. Lots of people hung out on their porches or in their driveways, chit chatting with family and friends. My husband and I made ourselves a couple of drinks and sat on the front porch for an hour or so. After that, we got ready for bed, listened to music on my computer until the battery died and reminisced about our younger days. Oh, the memories that can be stirred up by a few rock ballads done by hair bands! When the power came back on, we decided to leave the TV off and found something more interesting to do.

    I'm not sure what this cake is going to taste like after leaving the batter in the fridge over night and baking it this morning, but either way, last night I couldn't have been happier.

    C.
    Those sound like a few special, happy hours that you weren't expecting, Tiger. Those are the most enjoyable, the little times in our lives when things just seem to go mellow for whatever reasons, and camaraderie and happiness take over our souls for at least a while. Something to cherish, for sure

    -

    Will you bake me some cakes and cookies and send them to me? That would make me happy
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  10. #10

    Blessed with Life

    Just roll with it...and take each challenge like another speed bump...slows you down, but does not stop you!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 105
    Last Post: 02-14-2007, 10:32 AM
  2. Happy Holidays
    By LaMemChose in forum Life
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2006, 04:11 PM
  3. Happy Birthday Rollin 64
    By jeweleyez68 in forum Life
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 09:47 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2002, 02:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •