View RSS Feed

Tina G. West

New friends, New opportunities, Amazon FBA, and my new found SCI therapy

Rate this Entry
Seems like its been forever since i've been online and writing, but it feels good to say that i've finally found my way back after a long hiatus from the interwebs. For a while I let the chronic pains from my SCI get to me. Anyone that suffers from, or knows someone who suffers from these pains understands full well how exhausting and stressful it can be. However i'm happy (more like proud) to say that thanks to a few really big changes in my life, I am now no longer stressed, but more importantly I'M HAPPY!

About 5 years ago me and my best friend Caitlyn had signed up to help build a house with habitat for humanities. I'd always heard good things about habitat for humanities, so I figured this would be a great chance to make a deposit into my "spiritual bank account". While there Caitlyn spotted an old friend that she went to high school with and figured it'd be cool for us to all hang out once we were done for the day. Jared seemed like a really nice guy, but what stood out to me the most about him was that he also suffered from nerve damage. Apparently Jared had a tooth removed, and the root from his tooth was so long that upon extraction, it rubbed against a nerve in his jaw bone resulting in something called "paresthesia", which basically is a loss of feeling in the effected area. While this was something that I had never heard of, I could only image how horrible it must be to not have sensation on ANY part of your face, let alone somewhere near your mouth.

I asked Jared if there was anything that he does to cope with the lack of feeling, and he explained that traveling had been very therapeutic and good for helping him keep his mind occupied. Considering that I know a thing or two about nerve injuries myself, I figured I'd take him up on his advice. Why not? This was the PERFECT opportunity for me to take that trip to Cancun. I packed my bags, took my saved up vacation time, and next thing you know I'm in Cancun being served Rum Cake by a sweet old lady at one of the beautiful beaches (apparently this is a thing lol).

While there, and enjoying time bathing in the sun (pics soon to come) I realized that I had forgotten some things back home that I intended to take with me. It was no big deal, I figured i'll just buy stuff from the local store because all of the patrons there spoke English, but it did remind me that I needed to resupply on laundry detergent. So like anyone living in this century, I headed over to Amazon to place my order so that I could have the detergent waiting for me when I got back home. This is when I realized that a business opportunity that I had heard about from an old friend (named Balcom) may actually not be a bad idea.

Now for those of you that know me (especially the friends I've made here on this forum) know that I am BEYOND skeptic. I dont take to business "opportunities" very often, because they can be a huge waste of time. However, this was a bit different because instead of some wacky pyramid scheme, i'd be selling things on Amazon (who DOESNT love Amazon?!). I'm happy to say that this was one of the best decisions i've made. Thanks to Amazon i've been able to do the very thing that Caitlyn's friend Jared told me had helped him, which was TRAVELING. I'd be able to see the world and not starve in the process lol. Fortunately for me Balcom runs a website that focuses on how to sell on amazon for beginners, and I pretty much just consumed everything that he had to teach (it was all free of course).

Which brings us to the present. It's been a while since i've posted here, and now i'm looking to catch up with some familiar faces (or familiar screen names lol). Hopefully things have been going well for the friends here that i've made, and if I can be of any assistance to anyone, i'm going to bust my ass to do it.

Feels good to be back!

- Tina

Updated 08-25-2017 at 03:59 PM by Tina G. West

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments