View RSS Feed

Lemur Wheelz

Fine

Rate this Entry
We've all probably heard the mnemonic for FINE: f-@!ed up insecure neurotic and emotional. In the spirit of positive thinking, something I've been working on a lot as a part time pessimist, I've come up with a new one, FINE: fiercely independent naturally empowered. It may need some work to really pop, but I feel it's an improvement to the above definition that constantly left me feeling like there was something I needed to apologize for or improve about myself.

We're all works in progress. We are all constantly changing. None of us is the same person we were a decade ago. I know I'm not, and though there are days I miss what I could do then, the psychological changes I've gone through thus far on this journey have made me who I am now. My body is weaker, but my mind is stronger. I push myself more now than I ever had to before. Many here do, and I think we need to own that. So, I'm fiercely independent naturally empowered and if I can do it on my own, I will thank you very much...wouldn't you?

That doesn't mean I don't ask for help when I need it. I do on my terms. It's just a reminder to myself that I work hard to maintain as much independence as possible and a reminder it's my choice, my decision when I ask for help, and that is perfectly okay. So, if I am in a lot of pain, my muscles are weak and I waited too long to pee, but I'm going to gather my strength, transfer out of bed, wheel to the toilet and back anyway, that is FINE. I am proud to be fine. I hope each and every one of you are as well!! 😁
Tags: @@ofpos, huwij5oj Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You are a great writer Thanks for your posts.
    Thank you for your kind words. I hope you are still around; I have been absent a long time. I apologize for not responding sooner. (After so long it must seem ludicrous, but I DO mean it.)

I just posted a long blog. I am honored if you read it. I hope you are managing. Life can be so hard, but I still believe it is a gift. Namaste