View RSS Feed

webfoot

Can I use swing away arms on ZX1

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
We have swing away armrests installed on a 16 x 18 ZRA and use it with the ZX-1 with the anti-tilt mechanism. We do not have any problems because the brackets on the chair are forward of the ZX-1 brackets.

We also have user-friendly anti-tips on the ZRA, which we had just enough room for on the camber tube with the ZX-1. We did have a problem with the anti-tilt mechanism hitting the back release bar. This is because our rigidizer bar is quite low. We have the 4? Deep Backrest Rigidizer Bar, with it's height at 6? above the seat sling. At the time it was not not an option for the ZRA to specify a Custom Height Backrest Rigidizer Bar, but if we could have, we would have wanted it at about 7-8" to avoid the anti-tilt mechanism. Here is a photo showing the brackets, anti-tips and anti-tilt mechanism:

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
I'm about to order a new TR3 and am contemplating swing away armrests. Question is will the armrest brackets interfere with the ZX1? I realize I can't use the rests while attached to the ZX but am concerned about the brackets being in the way when it is attached.

I don't have nor use the anti tilt setup Spinergy has on their units. Well, I have it but have not installedit on the unit.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
Tags: zra, zx1 Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments