Conversation Between My395 and RAFS

1 Visitor Messages

1. Hey My395,
    I'm a fellow wheeler & handcycler. We have trails here in Florida to ride on. I ride w/a friend who is a quadrplegic C6,7,8 from a skiing accident during a ski vacation in W.Virginia. Last run of the day he either went off the edge of the slope or trail & smacked into a tree & broke his neck. He's quite a guy.We play wallyball w/several other guys that are quads, 1 is post polio & one is spinabifida.llkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Hello My395,
    I'm also a fellow handcycler.We have a lot of trails here in florida that I ride on w/my friend who is a quadriplegic from a skiing accident vacation in W.Virginia.He broke his neck last run of the day going off either the edge of the trail or the slope hit a tree & snapped his neck & put him in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. He's quite a quy. He does very well for himself. He lives alone in his own house & drives his own full size van.
    May I ask what happened to you & what make & model handcycle you have? I've rented one several times from the city of St. Petersburg Florida Therapeutic Recreation Department for $1.00 per day. It's a QUICKIE SHARK 7 speed.
    Well, that's about it for now. Take care & hope to hear back from you real soon.
    Regards,
    BOB SHAW
    Fellow CC Member & Fellow Wheeler
    Bob Shaw
    Oldsmar, FL
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1