Conversation Between john smith and Mr. Willie

3 Visitor Messages

1. Hello again;

There is a good discussion of this trial already occurring in the Cure Forum.

John
  2. Hi Willie;

It is good to hear from you.

As to the trial in question, I think it would be important for you to post it and see if Wise will comment on the study. Mesenchymal stem cells are adult stem cells, therefore, multipotent as opposed to pluripotent, which is characteristic of embryonic stem cells.

I have some questions about this trial that are not answered at the NIH site I read.

1. Will they attempt to differentiate the cells?
    2. What results have been observed in animal trials?
    3. What do they expect these cells to repair at the injury site?

That being said, I've always believed the solution to SCI will be simple in concept, though perhaps complicated in execution. The use of one's own marrow derived cells should be safe and that eliminates a major hurdle as we attempt to deliver regenerative medicine.

John
  3. Hey john how are you doing, I have researched the clinical trial website and I found some info in regards to a clinical trial for spinal cord injury. I just wanted to get your take on it before I post it in the forum. It is titled "Transfer of Bone Marrow Derived Stem Cells for the Treatment of Spinal Cord Injury." Please check it out and let me know. Thanks
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3