Conversation Between Wise Young and sueraysh

2 Visitor Messages

1. Dear Dr.Wise Young,

I am a T3 level SCI person using suprapubic catheter. I have severe low back pain, my doctor(ortho) after evaluating me has advised to do spinal extension exercise to deal with the pain. Spinal extension exercise involves lying on the stomach and press up on hands slowly, keeping hips in contact with floor. My concern is, lying on the stomach and putting pressure on the catheter&bladder can irritate and contract the bladder, I am already taking detrusitol towards bladder care. I thank you in advance for your reply.

Kind regards,
    Suresh
  2. Dear Dr.Wise Young,

I am a T3 level SCI person using suprapubic catheter. I have severe low back pain, my doctor(ortho) after evaluating me has advised to do spinal extension exercise to deal with the pain. Spinal extension exercise involves lying on the stomach and press up on hands slowly, keeping hips in contact with floor. My concern is, lying on the stomach and putting pressure on the catheter&bladder can irritate and contract the bladder, I am already taking detrusitol towards bladder care. I thank you in advance for your reply.

Kind regards,
    Suresh
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2