Conversation Between DavesMom and evansmom

2 Visitor Messages

1. HELLO, HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH DAVE. ARE YOU STILL CONSIDERING GETTING TO KENNEDY KRIEGER FOR THERAPY?. EVAN IS ON A HOME PROGRAM b/c HE GOT HIS FES BIKE ON 8-1-09. NOW HE BIKES HIS ARMS AND LEGS AT HOME. HE WILL GO BACK FOR THERAPY AND BE EVALUATED IN OCT. HE CAN GET INTO THE POOL THEN .THEY BUILT A NEW SCI CENTER IT IS AMAZING. THIS POOL HAS A TREADMIL IN THE BOTTOM OF IT SO THEY CAN WALK YOU. THE NEW GYM IS AWESOME. IT IS SOOOOO COOOL. I JUST CAN:T WAIT UNTIL OCT. CALL ME SOMETIME 410-519-7281
  2. Hi there,
    Glad to hear about Evans bike. That will make things easier for you not having to go to Kennedy Krieger. Dave just got home from wound care and his butt wounds are almost all closed up. He has a stubborn one on his one heel but they said it takes longer to heal because it is furthest from the circulation. The doctor said he can go to outpatient rehab soon so maybe with the therapy the heel will get more circulation to it and heal faster. Daves case manager still would like to see him go to Kennedy Krieger at some point. She said she knows paraplegics that have gone there and are walking now with braces. I am just learning to take one day at a time and do all that can be done. He goes to shock trauma clinic this month and we need to find out about how to stop his urine leakage. I took him to a urologist and he blew him off saying it is just the spinal cord injury. Keep me posted on Evans progress and take care. Diane
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2