View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. A Bill, a Bill and a Can of Beans

My friend had an old basset hound named Florence. She was a little thing, but she ruled the house. If Florence didn't get what she wanted, she could howl like the Big Bad Wolf until the rafters shook. So, every day Florence had this thing. She had to eat a can of green beans. Seriously. Every single day, for years. And if she didn't get it, well, you can guess what happened. A case of beans is a small price to pay to keep a roof over your head.

Then one day, Florence waited while ...
  2. Caregivers & Crips are the uber-MacGyvers

My OT said Pinterest is a treasure trove of functional ideas. So true. All kinda clever work-arounds made out of ordinary things ? and not an insurance bureaucrat in sight. Behold the bounty:

https://www.pinterest.com/lmswedberg/diy-occupational-therapy-gadgets/

I happen to be using this one at this very moment. That kid better not be drinking a double vodka and soda:

Updated 03-21-2019 at 11:38 PM by Spitzbub (Repairing faulty link, thanks)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. KruckX n stuff

WelP,
    Finally hauled all the tools I need to build 2 ships to PLANET Pluto (Yep, I am one of TH0SE astronomers) and THEN some under the truck. Getting up and down to the ground is a major thing for me. Nudder story. Going to replace the center support bearing and its associated u-joint. Done this(tried) Friday and realized I wouldn't get it before sundown and stopped. Resumed Sunday afternoon and it is the first u-joint in my life I didn't get OUT, let alone replaced in 15 minutes or less, ...
  4. Seizures and stuff

Last night whilst chatting to my Mum, I had multiple, intense seizures. This isn't abnormal. When they occur, my seizures often happen two or three at a time with a brief respite in between. They usually coincidence with my monthly cycle, so I'm prepared and my service dog is always with me, so I don't worry anymore. My Mum isn't used to them as I am; apparently it frightened her. I get fuzzy and I cannot form words well during my postictal state, so unfortunately, I don't remember well. It's an ...