View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. crookedman aka Paul Ingle

It is with great sadness I write this post for Paul Ingle aka Crookedman. Paul was in a wheelchair for 55 years. Six years ago he developed pressure sores and medical problems associated with those sores which eventually took his life.

Paul was the love of my life, my soulmate, and my partner. If you'd like to learn more about his life please go to
    bit.do/paulingle
    Paul enjoyed his communication with you.
    Kit Filbey
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Brusing

Has anyone had any brusing on or around scapula area ? Recent medication changes, taking baby aspirin, fish oil, milk of mag., once a day. Nifedipine- PRN. Could this cause blood to thin to cause brusing.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Garaventa Stair-Trac portable stair climber

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairrecycler View Post
    Garaventa Stair-Trac portable stair climber

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280829938975...84.m1555.l2649
    does anyone have an opinion of these devices? Ever owned one?
  4. 2 Pain Lectures - Understanding Chronic Pain to influence its severity

Quote Originally Posted by rioderbi View Post
    An awesome dr friend of mine recorded 2 lectures specifically for me after he heard about the challenges I was having with nerve pain. I have bad nerve pain that I have been able to manage MUCH better after understanding the nature of chronic pain.

There is a huge component of pain that is under our control. Emotion and anxiety play a giant and clinically proven role in the influence of our pain experience. If you're like me and you like to understand the mechanics of things so
    Tags: pain control Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Hope for walking, C5, Asia C

I know it's not possible to predict someone's exact amount of return, but I'd just like to get some response as to the likelihood of me walking again.
    I am two months post injury. I fell 15 feet onto cement and sustained a C 5 burst fracture which was replaced with a titanium plate, bone from my hip was used to fuse C4 through C6. I was originally categorized as Asia B. I am now in Asia c. I can move my toes and left ankle, flex my left quad, hip flexor, and abductor muscles. I can flex my ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized