View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Precious life

Yesterday whilst bringing my pup out, I found a robin on the road. It wasn't bleeding, but it was struggling to get up. I wanted to help. I could see the fear in its eyes. We live off a busy road. Cars fly by way over the limit. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to scare the little creature, but I knew if it didn't get out of the way fast it would be crushed and I couldn't bare the thought...so, I drove right into the road to try to protect it. I know; not smart. My only thought was to save ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. KruckX n stuff

WelP,
    Finally hauled all the tools I need to build 2 ships to PLANET Pluto (Yep, I am one of TH0SE astronomers) and THEN some under the truck. Getting up and down to the ground is a major thing for me. Nudder story. Going to replace the center support bearing and its associated u-joint. Done this(tried) Friday and realized I wouldn't get it before sundown and stopped. Resumed Sunday afternoon and it is the first u-joint in my life I didn't get OUT, let alone replaced in 15 minutes or less, ...
    Tags: 1'", @@v2ym9 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Is it possible to be charismatic in a wheelchair?

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    I believe it's absolutely possible.

Humans seem to have an instinct driving their ability to be attracted/respect/admire and/or willingness to follow another person. Assuming these are satisfactory definitions of the tangible effects charisma (as opposed to comeliness, or raw physical attraction.)

I was first exposed to this idea by Joseph Campbell in The Power of Myth, followed by Hero with a Thousand Faces. Compelling works.

Powerfully charismatic people
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Paralysis reversal

Quote Originally Posted by jb3822 View Post
    Here is where we are with clinical programs for paralysis reversal: https://vimeo.com/220787253

Its a bit technical, but some may find it useful
    Categories
    Uncategorized