View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Caregivers & Crips are the uber-MacGyvers

My OT said Pinterest is a treasure trove of functional ideas. So true. All kinda clever work-arounds made out of ordinary things ? and not an insurance bureaucrat in sight. Behold the bounty:

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/62...660376c31d.jpg

I happen to be using this one at this very moment. That kid better not be drinking a double vodka and soda:

2. Gunning for Medicaid Again: Trump's New Budget

"The spending plan calls for a cut of nearly $1.5 trillion in Medicaid over 10 years and for $1.2 trillion to be added for the block grants or per-person caps that would start in 2021. Under the new arrangement, states would gain far more freedom to set their own rules about how to cover the poor. (Spitzbub: that means more restrictions from cash-strapped state govts.) The budget also would eliminate funding for Medicaid expansion under the Affordable Care Act, which has gone to about three ...
  3. Bookmark these resources

The Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation put together free resource guides for spinal cord injury and information. You can download the huge guide that lists info on all manner of different issues and topics of interest. Then they go one better and offer individual guides for each and every one of the United States. These are fantastic: even if you've been in the disability game for a while, it's worth it to scroll through and see all of the services and agencies that are out there for us. Give ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. You heard the man

5. inaccessibility stories: it's not a step, it's a stoop

We drove downtown to see a play with two other couples. One of our party, John, knew the playwright. I made reservations at a restaurant nearby, and of course like all wheelchair users, phoned first.

Completely accessible to wheelchairs, said the man on the phone, no steps ? and he answered with such confidence, even my follow-up questions, that I had a really good feeling afterwards. The place was popular for its fare, but on Sunday afternoons things usually work nice.

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast