View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Illinois Adaptive Technology Program: Finding and Financing Accessibility Equipment

We're looking for an accessible van and applying for financing through the Illinois Adaptive Technology Program (IATP). IATP will not only help finance your purchase, they can also help with finding the equipment you need. They loan equipment, and on their website have free listings of adaptive equipment and supplies for sale or giveaway by users (no registration required). In Springfield they have an AT Demonstration Center with adaptive tech displays in kitchen, bathroom and other settings. ...
  2. Self-defense in a wheelchair

There's a few good ideas here even for those not in a wheelchair. 12 minutes. Hi-yah!

Here's more-intense defense techniques.

Found my old do-buk from back in the day. My side kick was wicked ? my do-buk would snap in the air ? but the spinning kick? Splat.
  3. More use out of statlocks = toupe tape

Medicare and insurance are stingy with these, only one per month. But leave it on too long and you get skin breakdown, right? Surely you can't leave it on a whole month.

Double-sided toupe tape will help you get more recycling usage from it. It sticks tight but will not damage skin. It definitely helps to have a creative wife, who after decades on the stage knows a lot of costume tricks. She says they ...
  4. Looking for an Easy Pivot lift

In search of newer EasyPivot transfer machine.
    If you have one or a lead on one let me know.
    Thanks,
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Good-bye

Tom just wanted to say good-bye to everyone.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast