View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Can I use swing away arms on ZX1

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    We have swing away armrests installed on a 16 x 18 ZRA and use it with the ZX-1 with the anti-tilt mechanism. We do not have any problems because the brackets on the chair are forward of the ZX-1 brackets.

We also have user-friendly anti-tips on the ZRA, which we had just enough room for on the camber tube with the ZX-1. We did have a problem with the anti-tilt mechanism hitting the back release bar. This is because our rigidizer bar is quite low. We have the 4? Deep Backrest Rigidizer
    Tags: zra, zx1 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  2. ADI brakes with ZX1

Quote Originally Posted by BRASWELLF5 View Post
    Here is how the ZX1 fits on a 16" chair with ADI brakes. The disc guard was hitting the ZX1 tire so I had to cut them off. As you can see there is not much clearance after that but it all works. A 17" chair would be ideal with this setup.

It will also work with the TiLite user-friendly anti-tips after you adjust the ZX1 armrest out a little. Then it will only let you tilt back just a little before they hit. Every time I unhook from the ZX1 I put my anti-tips back down. I
    Tags: zx1 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images    
  3. The CADs- seat angle

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    I seriously hope they can restore all of the images lost as a result of the vBulletin upgrade because this thread was an extremely valuable and unique source of information.

For those of you who were not familiar with the concept of "Occupied Frame Length" (OFL) before the software was upgraded, you may find this post to be a helpful tutorial. OFL can be an extremely useful dimension because it provides a direct link between an existing chair and the specs for a proposed replacement
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Update on Evan

January of 2015 wow time flies when you are having fun..lol . At any rate, Evan has graduated from UMUC with a degree In Legal Studies. He is prepping for the LSAT exam on Feb. 7, 2015. He is hoping to get accepted into UM Carey Law School which starts in August of 2015. He is working on getting his drivers license with DOORS ( Dept of rehab ser) , and continues with his physical therapy at home. He will be returning to Kennedy Krieger in May for 12 weeks of therapy. Other than that pesty AD, he ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Colostomy Questions For a Quad

Quote Originally Posted by StevieP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    Thanks.
    What are you using the flax seed in?

Since i have been using the flax seeds in a smoothy every morning my poop has been thick, consistant, and super easy to manage my colostomy with changing the bag (poop moves nice and slow). It has not been runny or messy at all.

I bought one of the Nutrabullit machines. (Bed Bath and Beyond) and with that machine I do not have to grind the flax seeds first.

Every morning I make a smoothy and
    Categories
    Uncategorized