View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Rhinitis and spinal cord injury

Rhinitis and spinal cord injury
    I am a C5-6 SCI and at age 70 have developed non allergic rhinitis initiated by
    temperature change. If I sit at my computer and the refrigeration comes on
    behind me, drainage goes to my chest and I have congestion and breathing problems. This is somewhat solved by wearing a hat. Going instead and outside can trigger the rhinitis. I would be very interested
    in knowing how others with this situation compensate. Thank you, Fred Cheshire
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Precious life

Yesterday whilst bringing my pup out, I found a robin on the road. It wasn't bleeding, but it was struggling to get up. I wanted to help. I could see the fear in its eyes. We live off a busy road. Cars fly by way over the limit. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to scare the little creature, but I knew if it didn't get out of the way fast it would be crushed and I couldn't bare the thought...so, I drove right into the road to try to protect it. I know; not smart. My only thought was to save ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Seizures and stuff

Last night whilst chatting to my Mum, I had multiple, intense seizures. This isn't abnormal. When they occur, my seizures often happen two or three at a time with a brief respite in between. They usually coincidence with my monthly cycle, so I'm prepared and my service dog is always with me, so I don't worry anymore. My Mum isn't used to them as I am; apparently it frightened her. I get fuzzy and I cannot form words well during my postictal state, so unfortunately, I don't remember well. It's an ...
    Tags: 1'", @@htcf3 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Fine

We've all probably heard the mnemonic for FINE: f-@!ed up insecure neurotic and emotional. In the spirit of positive thinking, something I've been working on a lot as a part time pessimist, I've come up with a new one, FINE: fiercely independent naturally empowered. It may need some work to really pop, but I feel it's an improvement to the above definition that constantly left me feeling like there was something I needed to apologize for or improve about myself.

We're all works in ...
    Tags: 1'", @@4kjbw Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Push Nation Festival 2016 is one week away!

Hi everyone
    We are PushNationFest2016! And would like to invite all of you to our event happening in 1 week! (so exciting)!
    It's in the Tampa Convention Center, Tampa,FL and it's on Friday from 2-8pm and Saturday from 10am-5pm. There's going to be a lot fun activities to do, inspirational speakers, and free raffles to win cool prizes.
    If you're interested or want to know more follow us on social media @pushnationfest to keep up with our events! OR go to http://www.pushnationfest.org. ...