Blog Comments

It is very common to develop some degree of cognitive dysfunction with MS over the long run. How much will differ from person to person, and generally is directly related to the location of large plaques in the brain. If you neurologist is not assessing this with you on a regular basis, ask to be referred to a neuropsychologist who can assess, and suggest compensation and remediation techniques to help manage this. A speech pathologist may also be a good option, as they are very involved in remediation of cognitive deficits. You might want to find a different neurologist who is more responsive to your needs, and has a less defeatist attitude toward the management of your MS.

(KLD)
    I was in graduate school in Chicago, at Rush University (her alma mater) in 1981 & 1982, right after she started Access Living Chicago. She was a guest lecturer for our classes, and I also met her at RIC, where I had my clinical. She was also active at a number of disability rights conferences and even on the Phil Donahue show (filmed in Chicago) during the time I was there.
    Thanks for reading. How did you know her?
    Thank you. She was an amazing woman. I am honored to have known her.

(KLD)
    I don't know much at all about taxes, but compared to other industrialized countries we spend twice as much per capita on medical and get worse results (tens of millions uninsured, falling life expectancies, higher drug prices, etc.). We are richer than these other countries too, so … ???

of all countries with national healthcare, not one has ever tried to repeal it. : good point.