View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Larger tires on a scooter?

Quote Originally Posted by pattherat View Post
    It looks like you have 10" tires (3.00-4) which means 3" wide, 3" sidewall and 4" hole. You could just go with a more agressive tread. A customer of mine requested these knobby tires for his ZX1:

If you want to go up a size you could go with 4.10/3.5-4s which is 4.10 wide, 3.5" sidewall, 4" hole. Actual diameter varies from 11" to 11.5".

3.00-4 tires here:
    Tags: knobby, zx1 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. ZX1 lithium ion battery retrofit

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    I thought it might help to show a picture of what Takenaback described with the stainless steel framework running between the batteries.
    Name:  2013 11 03_3109-1-1.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  439.8 KB

In case it helps with this discussion, the standard SLA batteries shipped with the chair are the MK Battery ES12-12 and the charger is MK Model: LS 24/4.
    Name:  MK Battery ES12-12.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  33.1 KB Name:  MK Charger LS244.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  11.2 KB

I agree with Takenaback that everyone is different with their requirements. My husband has hemiplegia
    Tags: pictures, zra, zx1 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. ZX1 lithium ion battery retrofit

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    It's for my personal transportation device. I'll try to post pictures. You will recognize where the idea came from.
    Name:  croppedpushwheel.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  320.6 KBName:  croppedthrottle3917.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  159.7 KB
    This is the working 36 volt version. It has an on off switch, a thumb throttle, and a hands free cruise control.
  4. Can I use swing away arms on ZX1

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    We have swing away armrests installed on a 16 x 18 ZRA and use it with the ZX-1 with the anti-tilt mechanism. We do not have any problems because the brackets on the chair are forward of the ZX-1 brackets.

We also have user-friendly anti-tips on the ZRA, which we had just enough room for on the camber tube with the ZX-1. We did have a problem with the anti-tilt mechanism hitting the back release bar. This is because our rigidizer bar is quite low. We have the 4? Deep Backrest Rigidizer
    Tags: zra, zx1 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  5. ADI brakes with ZX1

Quote Originally Posted by BRASWELLF5 View Post
    Here is how the ZX1 fits on a 16" chair with ADI brakes. The disc guard was hitting the ZX1 tire so I had to cut them off. As you can see there is not much clearance after that but it all works. A 17" chair would be ideal with this setup.

It will also work with the TiLite user-friendly anti-tips after you adjust the ZX1 armrest out a little. Then it will only let you tilt back just a little before they hit. Every time I unhook from the ZX1 I put my anti-tips back down. I
    Tags: zx1 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images