PDA

View Full Version : Is ACORDA comming apart ?

DIGGER
08-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Not a very good press release here:thinking:
http://phoenix.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=194451&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=893106&highlight=

lynnifer
08-08-2006, 03:44 PM
I'd have to agree ... sounds like a mass exodus.

DIGGER
08-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Yeah, it made me do a double take. When nearly half of the board jumps ship,
something's afoot. I know Wise is on the board and probably not at liberty to comment. But hopefully they just needed to move on to other projects.

Sue Pendleton
08-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Umm, I regularly vote out board members in companies I own shares in. How else do you get new blood or break glass ceilings. Two were due to exit through incorporated attrition style and although I wish Mark Pinney had stayed; only one board member actually resigned.

Sales of Zanaflex, a decent nighttime anti-spaze med IMHO (I take diazapam myself at night) have gone up. It takes a lot of faith to start a new company. I still have hope that Acorda will be kicking in 2007.

Editted for spelling. Like this is news..

Wise Young
08-11-2006, 07:32 AM
Yeah, it made me do a double take. When nearly half of the board jumps ship,
something's afoot. I know Wise is on the board and probably not at liberty to comment. But hopefully they just needed to move on to other projects.

Digger,

I am still on the Board of Directors of Acorda. It is not unusual for Directors who represent venture companies who invested in Acorda to step down from the Board when the company goes public. Acorda had an IPO earlier this year and the Directors served out their terms. Many of the best directors have many other responsibilities and they serve on the Boards of companies that they had helped found, to bring them to the point of being public companies. Acorda has been extremely lucky in that it has had some of the best and most experienced people in the industry. Acorda is doing well. In September, Acorda should be announcing the results of their phase 3 trial of 4-aminopyridine.

Wise.