PDA

View Full Version : Panel backs cancer vaccine for 11-year-old girls

roshni
06-29-2006, 02:37 PM
Panel backs cancer vaccine for 11-year-old girls
Shots would protect against sexually transmitted disease

ATLANTA - Taking up a potentially explosive issue among religious conservatives, an influential government advisory panel Thursday recommended that 11- and 12-year-old girls be routinely vaccinated against the sexually transmitted virus that causes cervical cancer.

The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices also said the shots can be started for girls as young as 9, at the discretion of their doctors.

The committee’s recommendations usually are accepted by federal health officials, and influence insurance coverage for vaccinations.

link:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13612899/

LaMemChose
06-29-2006, 02:43 PM
The vaccinations should be part of routine childhood immunizations for girls. Take any moral "dilemma" out of this.

That vaccination will not encourage any young girl or teen to have sex. When teens decide to become sexually active, they aren't hindered from such a decision over concern about the human papiloma virus!

Give the shots. Protect these girls and young women. Keep others' religious ideas and beliefs away from my body and the bodies of my family members and friends.

My body. My choice. My right.